Thursday 8 July 2010

Very summery Eton mess

I have covered this topic in a more autumnal theme already but I liked this version so much so I thought I'd share!

I made this with the berries we picked on holiday, redcurrants and strawberries along with some of our homegrown rhubarb. Then I added some creme fraiche sweetened with honey and some crushed up shop bought meringue nests.

I roasted the rhubarb in the oven with a splish of water and some ground ginger, for about 15 minutes, whilst I let the strawberries and redcurrants macerate with some sugar and balsamic vinegar.


The combinations were lovely, although I have to say maybe I picked my rhubarb at the wrong time. Being away for a week meant it hadn't been watered so it was very woody!! I think I'll give it a week or so before I pick more..

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. ooh that looks lovely, I tried to make Eton Mess once and got slightly over enthusiastic with mixing it together. Oops!

    ReplyDelete