Saturday 1 January 2011

The Obligatory Round Up - 2010

My google reader is full to the brim of round ups so I thought I'd join in with a foodie one. I've blogged more about food this year than ever before and I have discovered some really yummy recipes in 2010.

These are my favourites, I hope you try them in 2011 if you haven't already.

Bacon Brownies
Don't knock 'em til you've tried them! They are seriously good, and we all know salt and sweet is all the rage.

Courgette & Squash Blossom Pizza
(and the ultimate pizza dough)
2010 was the year I perfected pizza dough! This soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside pizza base is inspired by No Knead Bread, effortless to make and bakes up beautifully every time. We feasted on squash blossoms on pizza this summer, I can't wait for the summer to roll around again so we can enjoy this seasonal treat.

Lots of people made these after I blogged which tells you how good this recipe is. Four ingredients and cookies in less than half an hour. These are perfect for a quick cookie fix. 

Cacio e Pepe
A simple pasta recipe which tastes amazing, this was on my 'to make' list for a while. Authentic, simple and yummy.

I've never made potato gnocchi since I found this recipe. Makes beautiful pillowy gnocchi with a creamy flavour without the hassle of watery potatoes. And the pesto goes well with all kinds of pasta, not just gnocchi.


And a 2010 round up wouldn't be complete without a mention of our fabulous meal at Le Gavroche. Find a special day (or just any day) and go - book a table for 2011!! I want to go again, but we are setting our sights on other 'must eat' places instead - maybe the Waterside or The Ledbury this year.


Happy New Year!
Thank you for reading and cooking my recipes in 2010, i'll be back with something new and yummy soon.

Deepa

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I love the contrast of salty and sweet... so the bacon brownies... as bizarre as they sound, will probably be right up my street!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ricotta gnocchi sound great will have to give them a go! Am on the look out for low carb nibbles now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't recommend The Ledbury enough for your meal this year! The best restaurant in London for me by a country mile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very keen to try your pizza crust, looks excellent. And the bacon brownies sound dirty, in a very good way.

    I love round-ups but my recipes-to-try list has been growing exponentially in the last few days as a result :P

    ReplyDelete