Wednesday 3 August 2011

My first jewellery making class


Yesterday I took my very first jewellery making class!

I've been making jewellery for nearly 5 years now and all of my techniques are self taught via all the wonderful craft blogs out there and the tutorials you can find on YouTube.

One thing I really wanted to learn properly was pearl knotting, and a commission for restringing a pearl necklace spun me on to book a class and go. At first I thought I really wasn't going to ever get it, like most things, but after a few test pearls I was feeling confident to make the whole necklace.
 
The class was run by Sally at The Beaderie in Cambridge, only 5 people which was just right and Sally is an excellent teacher. I came back with a lovely freshwater pearl necklace which felt like a great achievement in 2 hours. Along with the commission I have to make I have plans for knotting some chunky long necklaces with some of the millions of beads I have left from past bead buying sprees.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. The long knotted necklaces sound great, my favourite kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! And I love long knotted necklaces too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Great job! I've also wanted to take a class as I'm self taught 2! lol

    ReplyDelete