Wednesday 23 June 2010

Iced Coffee in 5 Minutes

So it is summertime in England and it is hot, in June. Not raining. Hot. And meant to be hotter. I am wearing my questionable looking linen trousers to keep cool.


The office is like an oven and I had an odd desire to do gardening after work, so I collapsed on the sofa afterwards feeling hot and tired. I needed coffee in order to get energised for making jewellery and my (also) an oven of a studio.

I love my coffee machine, I'm not a fan of instant coffee (snob , yes) and it makes really great capuccinos (I have a Dualit by the way). And it is perfect if you want iced coffee too!

For this recipe you need a blender too. You can use double strength instant coffee but brewed coffee (try a cafetiere) is better. I am definitely going to experiment with syrups - caramel or hazlenut would be fabulous.

Iced Coffee - makes 2 big  glasses

1.5 cups or 12oz of crushed ice (bash up cubes or buy crushed ice!)
2 shots of espresso (half a tea cup full)
3/4 cup or 6 fl.oz of semi skimmed milk
2 tablespoons of sugar or 1 tbsp of flavoured syrup

Make your coffee and then stir the sugar in to dissolve it.
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
Pour into big tall glasses and feel colder!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious !! I'm not a fan of instant coffee either :)

    Not that I drink much coffee, but when I do then it has to be from our espresso machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, that looks good! I would love to have a proper coffee maker; I can't drink instant, it gives me tummy ache, and going to Starbucks every day is expensive!

    ReplyDelete