Saturday 22 June 2013

Healthy Snacking: Bounce Balls


I'm all for snacking, but I find it hard to make it healthy. I'm not a big fan of fresh fruit (it makes you hungrier than when you started, right aren't I?), save for really nice summer berries, but that reduces my fruit snacking options to about 3 months of the year. Plus I love chocolate bars, I've written an ode to them before.

I recently tried a Nutribox subscription, which contained a Bounce Ball, which I loved. Shortly after the lovely people who make Bounce Balls offered to send me the range, which was rather nice of them!

Waitrose currently stock them, but only two flavours, so I got to try others that I wouldn't be able to get hold of locally. I'd already tried Cashew & Pecan (in my Nutribox) and also the Almond protein ball - which Waitrose have. The range I was sent was Coconut & Macadamia, Peanut, Almond and Spirulina & Ginseng.

I've got quite a sweet tooth and this is the reason I like bounce balls, a lot of other health food bars and snacks I've tried have lots of goodness in them but can be a little lacking in sweetness. Bounce Balls don't achieve this with sugar, but with Brown Rice Malts, Grape Juice and Vanilla.

By no means are Bounce Balls low calorie, they are designed to be eaten was a protein packed snack  before exercise, or as a snack to nourish you. They are really filling, which I like, as it stops me snacking on empty calories through the day, plus as they are dense and chewy they are satisfying. They are more expensive than a chocolate bar (around £1.80) so they are an occasional treat, but you can save money if you buy them in packs from their online shop - plus they are better for you than a chocolate bar!


My favourite flavour was, surprisingly, the Spirulina & Ginseng. It looks a little strange as it is a green colour but it has a really nice fudgy taste and the earthiness of the Ginseng really works.



Coconut & Macadamia was reminiscent of those snowball cakes you used to get in the 90s. The Peanut was a little too chewy for my taste, it was a little hard to eat! And it was a hot day so I would have thought it would be softer. The Almond, which I'd had before, wasn't as chewy as the peanut, so easier to eat.

I've noticed they've got a fudgie walnut ball, which makes me think (hope) it might taste a bit like a chocolate brownie, I'll be looking out for this one too.

Bounce Balls are priced at around £1.80 and you can buy them in Waitrose, Holland and Barratt and other health food stores. Find out more here. Bounce Ball also have their own online shop where you can buy packs of 12 and 40.


Thank you to Bounce Balls for my samples.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment