Sunday 23 June 2013

Slow Roasted Tomatoes


A quick one from me, a ridiculously simple and awesome way of turning some watery supermarket tomatoes into sweet, intensely flavoured ones. Rachel at Gastronomic Girls posted this a couple of weeks ago and I was drawn to the simplicity of it, and because I had some tomatoes getting lonely in my fridge.

You simply coat halved tomatoes in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic (which I actually didn't bother with), sugar and seasoning and then roast on a tray for around 3 hours until they are 'semi dried' - still juicy but packed with flavour.

Rachel used hers to make pesto and tomato tarts for cocktail nibbles. We had them alongside some roasted aubergine and feta, and then the next day on a pizza.

You must give it a go, you don't need anything special and you can pretty much leave them alone for the whole three hours. I bet they'd be great stirred into pasta or with a cooked breakfast.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment